Directors UK is both a collecting society, which administers authorial rights payments on behalf of British film and television directors, and a campaigning body seeking to protect and enhance the creative, economic and contractual rights of directors in the UK. Directors UK is also a members’ organisation offering a number of services including an interactive website and a growing programme of events and activities.
Terms of employment:
Reporting to: Director of Distribution
Salary: £21,400 p.a.
Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
Location: London, Stukeley Street office
Permanent: Full time
Directors UK is a small but busy organisation. There are currently thirty members of staff.
The duties of the Royalties Assistant will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitoring transmissions of British works on British channels from off-air recordings
- Preparing claims to foreign collecting societies
- Allocating payments received from UK broadcasters and foreign collecting societies and arranging distribution to Directors UK members
- Registering members’ work on the Directors UK database and international databases
- Undertaking research as and when required on individual directors and works
- General office duties.
We are looking for someone with these qualities:
- An eye for detail;
- Competent with Excel;
- Well-organised and flexible in your approach to your work;
- Able to work to deadlines and cope with periodic increases in workload;
- A team player;
- Good customer service skills.
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly fresh fruit
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. This appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probationary period.
Application procedure: Please send a covering letter with a full CV by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Sunday 16 February.
Interview dates: Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 February 2020.
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidate Privacy Notice:
Please see our document here for full details in regard to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.