Head of Member Services
Directors UK is the professional association for film and television directors. It is a collecting society, administering royalty payments on behalf of British film and television directors, a membership organisation and a campaigning body seeking to protect and enhance the creative, economic and contractual rights of directors. We are looking to recruit a Head of Member Services to join our small team at our Central London office.
The role will involve developing and overseeing delivery of the range of member’s services, events and training offered by Directors UK. You will manage the work of the Events and Training teams to deliver high quality events and training to Directors UK Members.
The duties of the Head of Member Services will include the following:
- Manage the work of the Membership Services and Events team to ensure Directors UK provides a stimulating and useful programme of events and services for all members and participates in external industry events.
- Play the lead role in delivering our own major events such as the Festival, Conference and AGM.
- Develop and run a programme of events and members services in the Nations and Regions of the UK.
- Explore and develop sponsorship opportunities/ partnerships.
- Identify and research new services for members and prepare proposals on how these might be offered and funded.
- Develop the strategy, brief and funding for a year-round training and career development programme for Directors UK members and oversee the work of the Training Manager to ensure effective development and delivery of a range of training initiatives, and identify funding sources/sponsorship opportunities for future training.
- Team management – manage the events and training teams including allocation of workload, supervision, team building and motivation, training and skills development and pastoral care.
We are looking for someone with these qualities:
- Previous experience of working in events, membership organisations and training are all desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organised and flexible in your approach to your work.
- Able to prioritise workloads; manage multiple deadlines; and cope with periodic increases in workload.
- A knowledge of or genuine interest in the film and television or media industries would be helpful.
- A team player.
Terms of employment:
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
To apply please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.
Application closing date: 19 February, 5:00pm.