Directors UK is the professional association for film and television directors in the UK. We provide a range of services to our members including campaigning and lobbying, commercial negotiations, legal advice, events, training and career development. Directors UK is also a collective management organisation, collecting and distributing royalties to members.
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Salary range: Competitive
Location: London, Stukeley Street office
Contract: 6 Month Fixed term with option to extend
Purpose of the role
You will devise, design and deliver Directors UK’s strategic campaigns, raising our profile within the industry and beyond it. Reporting to the Chief Executive and working closely with the Head of Communications & Public Affairs, the role will support Directors UK’s organisational and reputational development in addition to overseeing the full campaigns programme.
The Head of Campaigns role requires the ability to focus on the “big picture” to lead the charge and deliver the strategy, bringing together a cross-functional team, guiding discussions and facilitating action planning to focusing on results and recommendations to ensure our campaigns respond to changing conditions and challenges.
Campaign Development & Delivery
• Deliver integrated campaign strategies and activity plans that use full range of channels effectively against clear objectives
• Manage the implementation, tracking and measurement of campaigns on time and within budget
• Rapidly acquire knowledge, understanding of complex issues in order to provide strategic direction and solutions across a diverse range of topics.
• Use industry insight and understanding set against the wider political, economic and social context that affect the organisation’s membership and its mission.
• Taking and conveying complex ideas and information through to highly effective campaigns with clear structured messaging that engages and influences.
• Create a compelling and resilient campaigns with clear measures in line with the organisation’s vision, values and mission
• Campaign analysis in changing environment to revise focus, tactics, public positioning and incorporate learning in to future campaigns
• Scope and commission qualitative and quantitative research
• Work with Communications, Digital, Membership services in the delivery of campaigning and lobbying activity
• Build a strong, active network of influential, senior level contacts to advance strategic campaigns and to further Directors UK presence and profile across the industry.
• Deliver robust, coherent campaigns by drawing in the experience and expertise of others in campaign development
• Lead campaign activity with external partners, commissioned agencies, press/PR, digital, membership teams to deliver campaign objectives
• Undertake other tasks that the CEO may reasonably require.
Day to day management of two direct reports:
• Campaigns Engagement Manager
• Communications & Campaigns Officer
• Minimum of 5years’ experience of designing and delivering successful, high profile campaigns
• Proven leadership skills, working confidently and independently so that you can influence and advise others in positions more senior with credibility.
• Able to work independently, use your initiative and judgement as well as being part of a small collaborative team
• Proven leadership in “managing by objective” through setting clear objectives and timelines and working to remove obstacles.
• Big picture view together with an awareness of industry dynamics and relations
• Attentive to detail but doesn’t micro-manage and knows when to resolve or escalate issues.
• Diplomatic and politically savvy, is prepared to make hard decisions and trade-offs for the greater good of the campaign
• Excellent written and oral communicator
• Seasoned facilitator able to drive campaigns towards their objectives, using constructive feedback and challenge to good effect.
• Rapport, gravitas and confidence to gain the credibility and respect from all areas of the organisation and external partners
• Able to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
• Understanding of the creative industries, specifically film and television.
• Experience in working with not-for-profit organisations.
• Experience of using social media in a campaigning context.
• Experience of organisational change projects.
To be able to work effectively in a changing environment, other tasks may be required
• The post holder may be required to travel throughout the UK and internationally.
• The nature of the role means the post holder must be able to work varying hours including occasional evening and weekend work.
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
• Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
• Company Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work
• Child vouchers scheme
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. This appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probationary period.
To apply please send all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A personal statement as to why you consider yourself suited to this role (maximum of.500 words),
2. Cover letter and;
3. Up to date CV
Applications closing date: Friday 29th December 2017
Interviews are due to take place: 10th, 15th & 16th January 2018.