Database and IT Support Officer
We are looking for a Database and IT Support Officer to join the Directors UK team in Central London. This is a new position, reporting to the Director of Distribution.
Directors UK is the professional association for film and television directors. It is a collecting society, administering royalty payments on behalf of British film and television directors, a membership organisation and a campaigning body seeking to protect and enhance the creative, economic and contractual rights of directors.
The database is used to collect information on our members and their work, as well as run regular royalty distributions. It also has a close relationship with industry-standard global databases.
We are looking for someone who can provide day-to-day support to maintain the database and IT systems within Directors UK to ensure they are fully operational. The role will also require the successful candidate to develop the capabilities of the systems to make sure they remain fit for purpose in a constantly evolving landscape.
In this role you will be:
- Resolving day-to-day general IT and database queries including operational issues
- Maintaining, streamlining and improving the effectiveness of the database systems to ensure they meet the requirements of an evolving landscape, e.g. to process new usage reporting
- Supporting integration with the Directors UK website
- Monitoring and documenting the database and data entry procedures
- Ensuring all data is secure, fit for purpose and complies with industry standards and legal and data protection regulations
- Developing system policies, procedures and controls
- Providing training support for staff
You will have the following skills, expertise and experience:
- Previous experience maintaining databases
- Database management and refinement
- Presenting technical information
- Reporting and statistical analysis
- Attention to detail
- Requirements analysis
- Knowledge of Progress/Open Edge Database (or similar membership and/or payment systems)
The following are useful, although not necessarily required:
- Previous experience in, or knowledge of, Collecting Management Organisations or the royalty industry
- Knowledge of Ruby On Rails or similar systems
Terms of employment:
Salary: £28,500 pa
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
To apply please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.
Application closing date: Friday 12 August, midday.