Campaigns Engagement Manager
Directors UK is the professional association for film and television directors in the UK. We provide a range of services to our members including campaigning and lobbying, commercial negotiations, legal advice, events, training and career development and is also a collective management organisation, collecting and distributing royalties to members.
We are looking to recruit a Campaigns Engagement Manager to join our team at our Central London office.
Purpose of the role
Working closely with the Head of Campaigns you will use experience and expertise to work across a number of Directors UK’s key campaigns, raising our profile and reputation within the industry and beyond. Reporting to the Head of Campaigns, this new role will support Directors UK’s organisational development as well as working across our full campaigns programme.
This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to build a network of contacts and foster excellent working relationships with our members and stakeholders alike.
• Ensure that all campaign engagement is planned and coordinated with Directors UK’s teams and the organisation’s wider activity schedule.
• Support the implementation of our member engagement plans, helping to deliver objectives and evaluate the outcomes.
• Establish trusted relationships with of a portfolio of stakeholders by listening and developing advocacy for the campaign issues.
• Building awareness and understanding of what Directors UK does and the value of copyright.
• Draft and collate reports that assess our stakeholder/key influencer engagement, to identify campaign risks and opportunities.
• Run the campaign engagement meetings for members, working with colleague and partners.
• Assist in the planning and development of campaign strategies for priority issues, working closely with Directors UK’s board, members and partners.
• Support the delivery of impactful and successful campaigns, including scoping, research, developing PR materials and co-ordinating events.
• Gathering intelligence useful to Directors UK’s campaigns and interests from a range of sources, sharing information with different audiences including members, industry bodies, regulators, politicians and policy makers.
• Assist in monitoring industry policy development and working practices in relation to specific campaigns.
• Monitoring of wider developments that impact the campaigning environment such a political, economic or social factors.
• Identify opportunities to raise our profile, amplify the issues and make useful connections using different methods.
• Keep up to date with campaigning trends and the development of campaigning tools
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience of successful campaigning, member engagement and relationship management in a similar context
• Strong personal leadership, working confidently and independently you are able to influence and advise others in positions more senior with credibility.
• Ability to absorb, understand and quickly assimilate complex information and concepts and compare information from a number of different sources,
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, adapting the style of communication as necessary
• Excellent time and project management skills, ability to prioritise a busy workload with cross-cutting themes.
• Experience of producing campaign materials, organising campaign activities
• Research experience, and ability to share results with a range of audiences
• Experience convening and chairing energetic campaign meetings and events
• Knowledge of contemporary campaign techniques and tools
• Able to work independently, use your initiative and judgement as well as being part of a small collaborative team
• An understanding what sort of alliances to form with which partners and ability to deliver benefits from partnerships
• Ability to listen intelligently to opposing views and provide effective advocacy to identify practical solutions.
• Understanding of the creative industries, specifically film and television.
• Experience in working with not-for-profit organisations.
• Experience of using social media in a campaigning context.
• Experience of organisational change projects.
To be able to work effectively in a changing environment, other tasks may be required
• The post holder may be required to travel throughout the UK and internationally.
• The nature of the role means the post holder must be able to work varying hours including occasional evening and weekend work.
• You will be creative, confident and resourceful, able to ‘hit the ground running’ to successfully deliver across range of member issues and campaigns.
Terms of Employment
Reporting to: Head of Campaigns
Salary range: £35,000 p.a.
Location: London, Stukeley Street office
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
• Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
• Company Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work
• Child Scheme Vouchers
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. This appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probationary period.
To apply please send:
a personal statement as to why you consider yourself suited to this role (500 words or less) cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Applications closing date: Thursday 17 August 2017
Interviews are due to take place: Wednesday 6, Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 September 2017.